The professional system for combining computer graphics
with real-life shots in real-time
VIEWGA is a system for professional augmented reality which allows to combine computer graphics with real-life shots in real-time and automatically collect and store metadata from set necessary for the creation of CG.
By means of ViewGA the film crew members are able to view the location of the actors and virtual objects relative to each other and to have a complete visual representation on the set. Moreover production costs and post-production time are reduced thanks to reducing the number of compositional mistakes made by the film crew and reducing the amount of manual 3D-tracking labor.
ViewGA offers the following features
- real-time VFX production on set
- combining live performances, video and computer-generated imagery in real-time to create imaginative VR/AR projects
- no need to create expensive physical scenery
- independence of size of the set and illumination conditions thanks to reflective markers and hybrid optical tracking
- significant reduction of the production costs thanks to reduction of compositional mistakes made by the film crew and reduction of amount of manual 3D-tracking labor and additionally shorter post-production time
- compatible with any type of camera
- possibility of multi-camera shooting and tracking of several objects, characters, lighting devices on the set
- synchronization with a cinema cameras and devices on the set using a time code
- integration with game engine technology (Unreal Engine 4)
- automated on-set metadata collection from the set necessary for the creation of CG
ViewGA underwent pilot testing on the Russian feature film “Spacewalker” combined in real-time computer graphics with real-life shots. By means of ViewGA the film crew members were able to see cosmonaut’s escape to open space, view of the Earth and the location of the cosmonaut and virtual objects (the spaceship and the Earth) relative to each other and to have a complete visual representation on the set.
The film premiered in April, 2017.
Currently ViewGA is involved in a large feature film “The Little Hunchback Horse” to combine in real-time computer graphics with real-life shots. For examples scenes on a magic whale or with the flying Little Hunchback Horse etc.
Date of the premiere will be determined later.